Ammara Waheed is a chemist who has a Bachelor of Science (Hons.) and Master of Philosophy (M. Phil) in Physical and Analytical Chemistry from Government College University (GCU) Lahore, Pakistan, with a hands-on laboratory experience in the Pakistan Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (PCSIR).
She has extensive laboratory experience in liquid-liquid extraction, chromatography (HPLC, GC), spectroscopy (MS, UV-Vis, IR, FTIR), and titrimetric analysis. Her research background includes extracting, purifying, and analyzing natural chemical compounds with antioxidant and anticarcinogenic properties that could benefit humanity.
As a professional writer since 2019, Ammara documents her research endeavors for reputable journals such as Wiley and Elsevier. Her published works include “Kinetic model and optimization for enzyme‐assisted hydrodistillation of d‐limonene‐rich essential oil from orange peel” in the Flavour and Fragrance Journal, as well as articles on capsaicin, β-Carotene, oleanolic acid, and ursolic acid in ScienceDirect.
Her publications –
- Kinetic model and optimization for enzyme‐assisted hydrodistillation of d‐limonene‐rich essential oil from orange peel – Waheed – 2020 – Flavour and Fragrance Journal – Wiley Online Library
- Capsaicin – ScienceDirect
- β-Carotene: Beyond provitamin A – ScienceDirect
- Oleanolic acid and ursolic acid – ScienceDirect
Ammara is currently a team member at Topblogtenz.com, where she strives to convey her chemistry knowledge in a simple yet profound way to help young minds understand chemistry better. She believes that chemistry is related to everything in life and that understanding it can help individuals see things more clearly through a kaleidoscopic lens. Her work at Topblogtenz aims to make learning chemistry a joyful experience.
You can connect with Ammara Waheed-
- Google Scholar Ammara Waheed – Google Scholar
- ResearchGate Ammara Waheed (researchgate.net)
Some interesting articles written by Ammara Waheed for our site are –
- How to find valence electrons?
- How to tell if the compound is ionic or covalent?
- How to tell if the molecule is polar or nonpolar?
- Valence electrons of transition metals
- Excited state electron configuration
- How to find the number of electrons, protons, and neutrons?
- How to find bond angles?
- How to write a net ionic equation?